St. Andrew's Church was built in the Baroque style. Is a part of the National Reserve "Sofia Kievskaya".
It was built in 1747-1762 under the project of architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli on St. Andrew's Hill in memory of visiting Empress Elizabeth Petrovna in Kiev, on the site of the Cross-church. In addition to this work, in Kiev there is another building of the copyright Rastrelli - Mariinsky Palace.
Height of the church with a cross - 50 m; length - 30 m, width - 23 m.
As of November 2017, St. Andrew's Church is under restoration.