The river station was built in 1957-1961 on Poshtova Square.
In January 2016, after the change of owners, a major reconstruction of the railway station building, which by May 2016 should become a modern tourist center with a restaurant gallery, night clubs, an open-air swimming pool, etc., has begun. According to the project, the useful area of the building was increased from 6 thousand square meters. m to 11 thousand 700 sq. m